Friday 3 May 2013

Finding Strength...

This quote has been on my mind over the last few days...


See my little man has been sick this week, very high temperature and not sleeping. I have had to cuddle him practically all night, with short snippets of sleep.. (once he is quiet i can settle onto the couch and relax, but when i try to move him or put him down he wakes up and cry's)... and because I knew he was sick and couldn't help it there was a calmness that came over me, along with this quote which kept repeating in my head.

It made me happy & reassured to know that when I needed it most, and because I couldn't normally do it on my own I was given the strength and comfort i needed to help my baby boy.

See to back up a little.. usually if a day comes around when i cant get carter to sleep during the day, I really struggle with it because i am usually tired, in need of a break and i really want my daily nap.. :-).. I don't deal with it so well & usually poor Ryan receives a stressed out message from me, cause for some reason it helps to vent my frustration. 

So yesterday afternoon which was after the 3rd night in a row of no sleeping, I was thinking to myself.. WOW I am really dealing with this Surprisingly well. 

However last night after getting up for the 3rd time by 2am I pretty much hit a wall!!!  
I knew Carter was on the mend as his temp had come down. I was so tired and sore and just wanted to sleep so bad... I had tried to put off waking Ryan, because he had to work and he already does so much, i didn't want to wake him if i could deal with it... 

I came back to bed at 2.30am after finally settling Carter into his bed and as I laid down I felt a gentle hand on my back and a quite voice, "are you ok?" ... No i said, ... My hubby simply said "let me take the next one, you get some rest" 
I was so grateful for his understanding and gentleness.  
I was so tired.

I heard Carter wake up not long later, Ryan quickly got up and attended to him. All went silent and I fell off into sleep mode.. it felt soo good.

luckily for Ryan, he only had to give carter a bottle and there is a calmness about his nature that seems to settle Carter quickly when I cant (we each have our times i guess)... After that we all slept through until 6.30/7 which was GREAT considering that last few days. 

We were also blessed to have a lovely friend drop over a meal for us which was an added bonus and a huge help too. 

Its been a long week, but also an enlightening one which for me is a good thing.. I need to try focus on seeing the positives in each day a lot more.

Today I'm so grateful for my beautiful baby boy and my wonderful Husband.

Hoping for a full nights sleep tonight... 

Good Night all!
 xo


 

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote. You poor thing! sounds like you've had a tough week. Glad to hear that you are getting that extra support from Ryan. When you move to melbourne we can have each other! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love, yeah will be so good when we finally live 5 mins from the fam... will be a huge relief .. fingers crossed. xx

      Delete